Save the Date: Back to School Night!
Just a reminder that our Back to School Night is Wednesday, September 6th.
6:00pm – Superintendent/Principal Presentation and Teacher Introductions, Auditorium
6:20pm – Parent Club Presentation, Auditorium
6:30pm – Foundation Presentation, Auditorium
6:40-7:10pm – Teacher Presentation in the Classroom (session 1)
7:20-7:50pm – Teacher Presentation in the Classroom (session 2)
NEW! Cold Spring School Board of Trustees Office Hours
The Governing Board recognizes the value of promoting the accessibility of Board members to the public. The Board believes that implementing regular, open-door meetings with community members will contribute to a climate of trust as well as respectful, constructive communication. The Brown Act allows for no more than two Board members to be present together for such open-door meetings. Therefore, Kathy Davidson and Kim Ferrarin, will be available on Friday, September 8th from 8-8:30am in room 11 to meet with any parents or community members. Board members are further restricted from communicating any information received during the community meeting to any other member of the Board outside of a properly called meeting of the Governing Board. Further, no Board actions will be taken nor decisions made during these meetings.
The Purpose of Board Office Hours
• To allow Governing Board members to engage with the community in a setting outside of a Board meeting.
• To facilitate the respectful, constructive communication of community input regarding the District’s educational policy responsibilities and decisions.
Save the Date: Our next School Board Meeting is Monday, September 11th at 6pm in the auditorium.
Enrichment Classes Coming this Friday via ParentSquare
Coral will be sending out via ParentSquare our 12-week Fall Enrichment Schedule and Registration Packet. Confirmed classes include: Spanish, Cooking, Karate, Keyboards (Piano) and Yoga. We are still waiting on a few classes to confirm their offerings.
No School, Monday!
Just a reminder that there is no school on Monday, September 4th as it is Labor Day.
Our Parent Club will be hosting my Principal’s Coffee on Tuesday, September 5th from 8:30-9:30am in the auditorium. I will be presenting our Professional Learning Plan and addressing how it supports our three priority goals for the 2017-2018 school year.
School Site Council
We will be forming a new School Site Council for the 2017-2018 school year and we need parents and District community members to get involved! The
School Site Council is responsible for creating and monitoring the Single Plan for Student Achievement and the School Emergency Plan, among many other
duties. If you or someone you know would like more information and/or would like to get involved, please contact Dr. Alzina. Voting for the parent and
District community member positions (of which there are a total of five open seats) will occur during Back-to-School Night on September 6th.
Chelham Way Access Corridor
The privilege to use the corridor between Chelham Way and Westmont’s campus will continue as long as these guidelines are followed:
1. The corridor is open from 7:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. every day. The corridor is closed and the gates are locked at other times. Please do not climb over the gates or the wall when the corridor is closed.
2. Please show respect for the corridor – it is the private property of the Davidson family. Do not write or draw on the wall; do not litter; do not tamper with the locks or the gate-closing mechanisms. Vandalism will not be tolerated. We appreciate your notification (565-6222) if you happen to witness anything suspicious.
3. For your safety, please walk bicycles through the corridor.
4. No motorized vehicles, with the exception of motorized wheelchairs, and no animals, with the exception of seeing-eye dogs, are allowed in the corridor.
5. Please respect the privacy of the neighbors who live on either side by passing through the corridor quietly.
Thank you in advance for informing your children of the above guidelines. If you have any questions or concerns about the access corridor, please contact Jena Harris at Westmont (565-6048) and/or George and Kathy Davidson (565-0768).
Calendar of Events:
Sept 4th – No School Labor Day
September 5th – Superintendent/Principal Coffee, 8:30-9:30am
September 6th – Back to School Night, 6-8pm
September 9th – English Summer Garden Party, 4pm
September 12th – Parent Club, 8-9am
September 16th – Fairy Garden Workshop, 2-4pm
September 20th – Foundation Meeting, 7-8am
September 21st – Picture Day