The Cold Spring School Site Council is an important decision-making organization. It is responsible for carrying out the following duties:
*Obtain recommendations for the proposed Single Plan for Student Achievement. Develop and approve the plan and related expenditures in accordance with state / federal laws and regulations.
* Recommend the plan and expenditures to the governing board for approval.
* Provide ongoing review of the implementation of the plan with the principal, teachers and other school staff members.
* Make modifications to the plan whenever the need arises.
* Submit the modified plan for governing board approval whenever a material change (as defined in district governing board policy) is made in planned activities or related expenditures.
* Annually, (and at each semester, trimester, etc), evaluate the progress made toward school goals to raise the academic achievement of all students.
* Carry out all other duties assigned to the school site council by the district governing board and by state law.
The School Site Council is also responsible for overseeing expenditure of categorical funding.
Composition of the Council is as follows: 3 classroom teachers, 1 other school staff member, the Principal, and 5 parents or community members. Council members serve a term of two years.
For more infomration, please contact Dr. Amy Alzina, (805) 969-2678.